February 12



 
Ciaran is starting to print and he is SO proud of himself.  At the beginning of the year when I asked Ciaran what his goals were for this coming school year...he immediately told me that he wanted to learn to print.  I was actually surprised that he was able to articulate this goal and be so confident in his vision. 
 
For a child whom others often question his awareness...I was so impressed.  Ciaran like many kids with special needs are so smart and have so much potential and knowledge inside their heads.  Their brains are just a little bit more complicated and it takes more time to process this information and articulate it.  Never, ever underestimate any childs' potential - a lesson that every single one of us needs to be reminded of often!!!
 
The world is your oyster my little man...and the possibilities are limitless!

No comments: