January 10

So we have joined a new FB group called "I Run For".  It is such an inspirational and motivating site. Basically volunteer runners are paired with kids/adults who can't run themselves for whatever reason (mobility needs, cancer, developmental disabilities, etc.) and the runners dedicate their runs to their buddies each week.

A few times a week, the buddies will post pics from their run for Ciaran and Shay.  It is so cool and the boys are so into it!!!

Ciaran has been paired with Alison.  She is from Santa Rose Beach, Florida.  She is currently training for a marathon on February 2.  Yesterday she ran 18 miles along the beach.  She sent a picture of two dolphins swimming in the ocean that she saw at the end of her run.  How cool!!!

Shay has been paired with Abby.  She is from Seymour, Indiana.  Abby too is very active and seems to workout every day!  She has two children and a dog named Tesla which has been a cool connecting piece for Shay since he loves dogs so much.

Both women are inspiring.   We are so proud to have such positive, strong, committed and powerful role models in the boys lives.   We are continually blessed by the amazing people we meet on this journey!

The two of them along with the thousands of other I Run 4 runners have inspired me to get my butt in gear and get running again.  I am currently 1396 on the wait list to be matched with a buddy.  I am already running - last week I ran a total of 11 miles - this week, my goal is 13 miles.








No comments: