Day 154 - May 25

I am again WAY behind on posts.  I have a bunch of pics to share from the last two weeks....but thought I would work backwards in any hopes to continue to be successful with my mission!

Today Ciaran and Shay started T-Ball season.  They are playing in a special needs program in Burlington called Challenger Baseball.  They have each been matched up for the season with a volunteer who will provide assistance and support in their game each Saturday morning.

Today could not have gone better.  All of the Challenger players were beaming and having fun.  It was such a beautiful thing to see!!!

Today I have the greatest appreciation for VOLUNTEERS.  Over the course of the past four years, Ciaran and Shay have had random strangers putting in their own personal time and energy into horseback riding (7+ volunteers a week) and now baseball.  These VOLUNTEERS are contributing to my boys' self esteem, sense of self, happiness and contentment with life.  What a blessing!!!

I have volunteered a lot in the past as a teenager and young adult.  Never did I really fully grasp the contribution I could have been making to the life of others...

Today I am so thankful for volunteers.  Thank you for your time.  Thank you for your energy.  Thank you for making this world a better place.  Thanks for making a significant difference in the lives of my children.  OUR world is a better place because of YOU - thank you from the bottom of my heart!






















No comments: