School is Out for SUMMER :)

School is out for summer and I have to admit I am so excited to be off!  Already our summer is off to an amazing start - the hot weather has allowed us to get a lot of use out of the pool which is amazing therapy for Ciaran and Shay.  I think Cris and I are reminded daily as to how lucky we are that we found this particular house for the boys...it is absolutely amazing and we are so thankful that we find ourselves here...

I have a trillion posts to catch up on and am hoping I can get back to a bit of blogging this summer.  Tomorrow morning Ciaran and I are heading out with Maureen (PT from Sunnybrook and friend) to Pittsburgh for an eye assessment with Dr. Christine Roman.  Back in March, Ciaran had an informal assessment with her at a 'teach and share' at Sunnybrook Hospital.  She provided more insight into Ciaran's world in  45 minutes than we have gotten in years elsewhere.

She diagnosed Ciaran with Cortical Visual Impairment - Stage 7.  She taught us how Ciaran's organizational system in his brain is quite disorganized and taught us that we would need to teach Ciaran strategies and salient features of everyday items to help him organize his system and have information available for easy retrieval.

I was thinking about his system tonight after he went to bed.  As I was thinking, I walked into the Playroom to tidy up the boys' toys and found this....what Ciaran was organizing before he went to bed tonight.  He is such an enigma to me sometimes!!!!  Can't wait to share what I learn in the next few days!!!!





1 comment:

Summer Lynn said...

They will never cease to amaze us!