Days and weeks have gotten away from me...

The days, weeks and months have just gotten away from me.  Being back at work has taken on a whole new level of busy.  All is good, I cannot complain - I just have little time for other things at the moment.

We had the Case Conference for Ciaran and Shay's transition to St. Mark on Friday.  I have been beyond stressed with the mere thought of this transition.  We have been beyond blessed in the past few years with care/schooling for the boys.  My mindset in the past five years has been that we have been preparing the boys for their school years - luckily I felt quite confident in this task - despite the fact that this preparation has been all encompassing.

I feel that in this transition to elementary school, Cris and I have much bigger fishes to fry - I feel at this point, we are beginning to prepare Ciaran and Shay for LIFE.  Beyond overwhelming to think about...

To prepare for the Case Conference, Cris and I along with the help of a few close family friends (sincere thank you to the Shippels - could not have done this without you!) helped bring our vision for the boys future to fruition.  The video we presented for both boys really gave a glimpse into how truly far they have come in the past five years and what we hope and dream for their future. 

Thought we would share....enjoy!!

Ciaran's video

Shay's video

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome videos! A true inspiration. Every teacher of a child with special needs should have the opportunity to be introduced to the student in such a way. Focus is on the abilities and getting to know the child.
Love Diane & Phil

Anonymous said...

You and your family have been an inspiration to me. Never stop the fight. Those two boys are truly blessed to have parents such as you.

BusyLizzyMom said...

Finally got a minute to watch your videos. You did an amazing job on them. The point of letting them do things on their own and not letting them get away with things is so important. At close to the end of the year this has only just been ironed out for Elizabeth, give them an inch and they will take a mile (or advantage of their helpers). I would make sure the boys support staff watch the videos too when they start school.
We still need to meet up, let me know when you have a free weekend.

BusyLizzyMom said...

Finally got a minute to watch your videos. You did an amazing job on them. The point of letting them do things on their own and not letting them get away with things is so important. At close to the end of the year this has only just been ironed out for Elizabeth, give them an inch and they will take a mile (or advantage of their helpers). I would make sure the boys support staff watch the videos too when they start school.
We still need to meet up, let me know when you have a free weekend.