Day 38 - It's OK to be Different




This book came unexpectedly in the mail today from a very close friend of mine (Christa's) children, Alexa and John.  Despite the fact that Christa lives in Washington, she has been there for me every step of the way the last five years.  She has truly understood the joy, the fear, the celebrations, the countless hours of therapy.  At the end of the day, she just completely gets it and I am so thankful that she is in my life.

Thanks Alexa and John for sending such an amazingly inspirational book for Ciaran and Shay.  What a powerful message that they (and everyone else in this world for that matter) will benefit from hearing on a daily basis.  This is a message that I hope and pray that Ciaran and Shay will embrace and OWN as they get older.

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

My hope is that one day, they won't be considered different. Because aren't we all? Looks like a beautiful book. You are lucky to have such thoughtful friends. I should get a copy for my class.