Mission 365...

When I have some spare time, I enjoy catching up on the lives of some of my friends who I unfortunately don’t get to see too often.  I have one friend Jenny who started a blogging project this year entitled ‘Project 365’ which has inspired me to attempt to blog more often so that I can capture the essence of our everyday life.  Having Rowan has forced me to slow down a little bit and smell the roses – he has also made me aware of how much I have forgotten about Ciaran and Shay’s early days as a result of the stress that overtook our lives back then.  Looking back, I am so thankful that I blogged as often as I did in the first few years of Ciaran and Shay's lives as it reminds me of what blessings they are and of the many obstacles they overcame in their early years.  With the craziness in our lives, it is so easy to forget sometimes...

In the last couple of years, I have had the desire to blog more often as a means to keep track of everything going on in our world.  The problem is that I always leave it too long and then when I do sit down to do a monthly post, I feel completely overwhelmed.  The reason being is that I know I need a significant amount of time to accurately track/update the latest goings on in the Parreira/Sneyd household.  So much so, that I often end up putting the update off again and again to ensure I have sufficient time to give the post the attention that it deserves– and then unfortunately, it likely never happens.

Back to Project 365 - Jenny is a busy Mom of three – she has a three year old son and a set of twin girls who are under two.  Since the beginning of the year, her goal was to post a picture a day with a brief caption with the intent of posting every day for the 365 days of the year – in doing so, she has done such an amazing job at capturing the daily life of her beautiful family.  I've enjoyed her idea so much that I have decided to try it myself during my maternity leave.  I know I am starting a bit late – but I am going to give ‘Mission 365’ a shot.

So I begin with a reminder of what I need in my life and what I hope to achieve with Mission 365…


2 comments:

J Roc said...

Way to go Liza!!!! I'm so glad that you are doing this too!!! You'll capture so many great memories....we look forward to following you for the next 365 days:)
Love,Jenny
oxox

BusyLizzyMom said...

What a big undertaking but so far you are keeping up despite a very busy schedule for everyone.
It is great to hear that ENT is going to see Shay soon. Elizabeth's hearing is the pits lately too, we are off to HSC next month for a recheck.