Post Botox - Walking the Dog...







Just wanted to share a few pics of Shay post-botox. She had the injections on Monday - 6 needles in all in his adductor muscles and his right hamstring - 5 days later - we see definite changes. His legs are much looser and the tone is gone. This is a temporary fix - but a window of opportunity - as when the 'tone is dead' for the next few months - we will have the opportunity to develop the weaker muscle underneath the tone and stretch and lengthen the muscles - whilst at the same time working on creating new gait patterns

The pics of him standing by the window sill is one day past botox - we were already seeing less tone as his legs weren't collapsing as they usually would. The other pics are of Shay walking his dog (Thanks Michelle - what a great idea). All he wanted to do tonight is walk his dog - as he went to bed - he was asking to 'walk the dog more' - we ended up having to lie Doggie down and put a blanket on him so he could sleep for the night - he is too cute!

Also included a pic of Ciaran walking - he wanted to walk when he saw how much Shay was walking - they will be each others best medicine in the next few months

Thank goodness they have each other!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic news. His posture looks straighter.
love me xo

Anonymous said...

LOL Apparently you know who me is in my small mind. Me.... Lianne Summers. I make myself laugh. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am soooo proud of you all! What amazing strngth you have! I can not believe how straight he is standing! What an inspiring blog today! Thanks for helping to make my day a bit brighter! Allyson

Summer Lynn said...

Liza, I can't remember if we discussed botox... Summer is getting her 4th set of injections in April, right before CIT.