We hope there are still people out there. We have not been able to blog much over the last 3 weeks but we'd like to give everyone an update before Christmas + we want to post some pictures for everyone. Pictures will be later in the week...I just don't have them with me right now.
We have had some ups and downs over the last few weeks to say the least.
- We got to see all of our family through visits to the house (my parents and brothers + kids) and Liza's family at Kellan's baptism. We have also had some of our friends over as well to help out and spend some time with us.
- Liza's parents have been great with the amount of help they have provided since I starting working on a full time basis again.
- Ciaran is near 15lbs now and Shay 13lbs
- Both kids are staring us down like a couple of stalkers and being a bit interactive, including some spontaneous smiling!
- Both kids are doing things like holding up their heads (Shay is like a groundhog) and we hear the occasional sound other than crying - we'll call it cooing cause we can
Only one to speak of really - a few weeks ago Shay caught the flu. We are not really sure how or from who but let me tell you that this was quite scary thing. Shay ended up being hospitalized for 6 days at Oakville-Trafalgar hospital near our house. The main problem that the flu caused was that Shay was not able to keep his blood oxygen level anywhere near an acceptable level and he required oxygen to keep it up. Personally this was a horrible experience as I had put away the memories of the boys hooked up to the monitors. It was very hard. To top it off, I caught a cold for a few days and I needed to wear a mask and gloves for days to try and make sure I don't make things worse. A real low but we got through it..
Anyway, we hope all of you are well. We are certainly looking forward to 2008. 2007 brought us a lot of good (Ciaran and Shay) but it also brought lots of stress, worry and the like. It will be a year that will never be forgotten. We have managed to get through a lot and we've come out of it stronger than ever.
We are extremely thankful for the support and thoughts throughout our journey. We could never thank you enough for everything that people have done for us over the last 6 months. Yes, the boys will be 6months old on Jan 5th, 2008. Crazy!
We lots of love and thanks,
Cris, Liza, Ciaran and Shay