Day 84 - September 26, 2005

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in posting. It has been extremely busy as of late, and hence Cris and I are quite exhausted.
Not much to report in the past week. Ciaran tipped the scales over 8 pounds and Shay is just behind him at 7lbs 7 ozs. Today is bath day which means weigh day, so I will report back later today with all of the updates and hopefully some pictures.

So, since Monday, I have been staying at the hosptial overnight. I guess that they are starting to prepare me for the reality of bringing two babies coming home. I have just realized that their awake time is 7:00 pm until 12:00 pm (right after we leave each night). They are like different kids. The other night we walked in after dinner and both babies were awake being bottle fed and raring to go. It is as if they are awaiting more stimulation which is to come once we get them home.

Both Ciaran and Shay have been making progress with their feeding. They are developing stamina and are able to feed orally more often and are able to take larger amounts. We still haves a ways to go - but everyone here is very happy with their progress. I was hoping to have the boys home for Thanksgiving, however, I did not realize how early Thanksgiving is this year - I would say we have approximately three weeks to go before the boys come home - but that is just a motherly guess and hope!

My close girlfriends held a shower for me on Sunday afternoon. It was absolutely beautiful and it meant so much to have all of my friends together to celebrate Ciaran and Shay. My girlfriends have been so strong for me through this whole ordeal. I have been reminded again how lucky I am to have such amazingly supportive, kind, thoughtful people in my life. I know I have said it before, but I will say it again - I am so very blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted....I was getting worried when we hadn't heard any updates!! Sounds like things are moving in the right direction and you WILL be taking home two chunky and adorable little monkeys!!! I can't wait to see them!!! Keep strong and a word of advice....nap whenever you get the chance girl!!!
Hugs
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Yay!! So glad to see this post. Glad you are all well. We miss you.
Love Lianne xo

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to hear that things are progressing so well! You have a beautiful family and a fantastic following of friends and family. I know how difficult it is to "hurry up and wait". I got great news today too! Can't wait to see you and your chunky monkies, we miss you very much! Lots of Love and Hugs for you and your boys. Jo-Anne F.

Cassandra said...

So nice to hear that boys are doing so well. Can't wait to see you in action once the boys come home.

xo Cassandra