Day 64 - September 6, 2007

It was an extremely busy day today and it will continue to be so until our departure. Believe it or not - the idea of departing is starting to enter conversation although I do not think it will happen for a number of weeks - likely around the time of my actual due date - October 6. Either way, it is exciting that it is being discussed - quite surreal, but definitely exciting!

So for the upcoming weeks, I have been put on a very tight schedule. Shay and Ciaran are not being fed every three hours on a staggered schedule. This means that I attempt feeding Shay at 11:00, 2:00, 5:00, etc., and Ciaran 12:00, 3:00, 6:00....The hour that I have in between is spent pumping and grabbing a quick bite to eat.

Today we also managed to get the two boys bathed during their busy schedule. Cris got off a little bit early today and came in to bathe both boys. He did a wonderful job - getting more and more comfortable with handling every day. Ciaran and Shay both love having baths - it will surely be a tool to keep them settled once we get them home. I was able to snap a few pics of Shay being bathed, unfortunately, when it was Ciaran's turn - I was feeding Shay and hence was unable to get pictures. I will post them later...

Left the hospital completely exhausted today - got home around 8:00 and went straight to bed. I think that they are beginning to train us for the reality that is coming our way in the upcoming months...I can handle feeling exhausted if it means that they are coming home...I sooo can't wait to get them home!

That is all for today. Hope everyone is well!
cris, liza, ciaran and shay

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa and Cris
Glad to catch up on the progress of the boys,and so glad to hear they are doing so well,we can't wait to meet them.Keep up the good work OK!!!All our Love Uncle Liam and Aunt Bridie

Anonymous said...

OMG! That feeding schedule sounds brutal. With Joshua he never latched on so I had to pump exclusively. It was exhausting. I felt like I was on a never-ending loop of pumping, feeding, burping, changing diapers.
It only lasted for a month because I couldn't keep up with him. I can't imagine doing this for two!! However, the pump at the hospital was much faster and more efficient than the home pump. Only problem was I felt like a cow being hooked up to a milking machine!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you figured out that was me, Liza! Who else would say such things.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Breast feeding is a lot of work and exhausting. No body really talks about the technique it takes and the endless schedule, especially in the first month. Keep it up, it's worth it....

Farrah....

ciara said...

Hi Liza & Cris,
I can't get over the two boys, they're thriving and turning into two little puddings with their double chins, adorable!! I read your blog everyday and am astounded at how strong you've all been and how determined they are. Lots of love, Ciara