Day 46 - August 19, 2007

Not much to report for today. We arrived at the hospital in the afternoon for probably the first time since the kids were born. This is a combination of being tired and feeling a bit better about everything. Being at the NICU is a surreal experience and its easy to have a less than positive outlook. We have done well keeping things together and always looking for positives even when we don't get the best news. Our kids are getting stronger every day and it shows in the decreased frequency of the alarms going off and other things. They NICU staff are striving to normalize the kids and both Ciaran and Shay are handling every little change beautifully so far.

Today we swapped kids for our kangaroo care. Ciaran was with Liza and Shay was with me. We had them out for 2 hours and today I got to hold both of them. Now this was an unexpected but amazing event!!!!!

Tomorrow is back to work and Liza will be back at the hospital during the day. No doubt she will get to hold both Ciaran and Shay.

Good night and thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers,
Cris, Liza, Ciaran and Shay

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Liza the pictures are beautiful!! The boys seem to getting bigger and we are so happy they got to spend time together. Thank you for the photos and we will keep you in our prayers. Take care and I hope you are getting some rest.

Love Mary and Samantha Sala

katrina said...

Cris and Liza,
WOW! I melted at the knees when I saw the photo of the boys holding hands. How powerful an image and one to treasure forever.

As always you are all in my prayers daily - I can't wait until I finally get to meet your little men and their cousin Kellan.
Lots of love to you all
Katrina x

Anne & John Courtney said...

Dear Liza and Cris,

You two are such an inspiration. I cannot begin to tell you how impressed I am with you both. I've been reading your blog every day and praying for your little sons. With all the love you're giving them and all the love and prayers going out to them, they will surely overcome every hurdle and will be home with you in a few months.
Love Anne & John Courtney