Day 44 - August 17, 2007

Today was a better day that I had anticipated it to be! When I got to the hospital, I was quick to take a peak in at Shay to see how he was doing. Upon taking a look, I felt that he looked very much like Shay always did and was behaving similarly as well! I continued to be hopeful that he was infection free. Since his blood transfusion at midnight - he had had only one spell and was appearing stronger and healthier again. I was so thankful for this. It is pretty unbelievable how much a blood transfusion can turn things around!

Ciaran had an amazing day today. They have started cycling him on low flow oxygen and he is handling the transition beautifully! He had only one or two spells today (which is typical for their age). He came out for a two hour cuddle - and again he was a perfect angel...he has made a tremendous amount of progress in the past week and a half - it really is unbelievable! We also got his ultrasound results back which indicated that things were continuing to work their way through - this is good news as we continue to buy time before intervention will most likely be necessary when he will be bigger and stronger.

Ciaran embarrassed me a tad today. I was changing his dirty diaper...and ended up using 10 diapers before he stopped pooing....all over the place. He made me look so hopeless...I am sure that he did it on purpose! I would wipe his bum...wait a minute...put the new diaper underneath the soiled one...pull out the soiled one...and before I could do up the diaper...he would let it go again...my mom was with me today and I must say that we got a good laugh out of the unfortunate situation...I am thinking that I need to buy some stocks from Pampers!

Shay did not come out for a cuddle today as he seemed quite tired and he had an IV line in which looked a bit uncomfortable. I thought that he could use the rest - so we let him sleep most of the day - and he was very content with our decision.

That is about it for today...until tomorrow...
cris, liza, ciaran and shay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liza and Cris,

We just want you to know that we are all thinking of you and the boys. You are in our thoughts and prayers everyday. HANG IN THERE, take care of yourselves and your beautiful boys.

Joanne Major and Family