Day 26 - Monday, July 30, 2007

Today began with a lot of anticipation and a bit of fear, well maybe more than a bit. Ciaran was to get another ultrasound today and it would tell us a lot about what is going on with him. He seems quite stable and happy with everything - eating, sleeping, and going potty. But we know that there are still some lingering issues that stem from that fateful Saturday. Unfortunately, at the end of the day we are left with no more information than we had when the day started. The ultrasound was performed but it was much later than usual and the results won't be known until tomorrow morning.

Shay had a big day today...they have been talking about removing him from the ventilation machine that has been helping him breathe until this point. Well, today it was removed and he was put on the "sipap" machine. This machine gives Shay a bit of pressure to keep his lungs open but does not breathe for him. He is breathing on his own!!!!! We are hoping he can keep it up as this means he will be using a lot more energy now. As this is the 2nd time he has tried this machine we are hoping he can make it through the night and from here on out. Go SHAY!

Thanks for continuing to keep Ciaran and Shay in your thoughts and prayers. We will report back tomorrow once we know more about the ultrasound, until then Liza and I will have our fingers and toes crossed.

Good night!
Cris, Liza, Ciaran and Shay

7 comments:

LeeAnn Hall said...

Hi Liza..I just saw that you had a blog for your boys on Facebook so I thought I would read it. I can't believe how much is on here - you're really going to appreciate all the work you've put into it when the boys are older. They're so beautiful! I love their names as well. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I'll read about them everyday. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you...but you were always my wisdom...so I don't (lol). Take care!

Anonymous said...

Dear Liza, Cris and boys,

All our prayers are with Ciaran and Shay. Ciaran seems to be quite the fighter and will make itthrough his challenges just fine. Hope you had a great anniversary. Just remember that God is always with you.

Liz Ames

Anonymous said...

Hi Liza: Congratulations first of all. Joanne had told us that the boys were born and I just received the link to the blog. The boys are beautiful, what wonderful gifts!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your new family. I look forward to the day when I read that they are on their way home.

Take care,

Kit

Anonymous said...

Great to hear things are going better. I have a solid feeling that all is going to work out well! Send my regards to all. I'll be following the Ciaran and Shay's progress through the blog. Take care. My thoughts are with you all

Darrell
St. John's

Phyl said...

Hi Liza Cris Ciaran Shay

Your boys are little fightersThe angels must be looking after them they are doing well Just come back from church Lit some candlesEvery day the first thing i do is read the blog Stay strong.

Phyl Fran

Anna Santini said...

The boys look so beautiful...I look forward to the pictures and hearing about their progress. My prayers are with you... lots of love

Anonymous said...

"Life has so much to offer. Take each day as it comes because after every storm, there is a rainbow and every burden carries its own blessing. Surely all will be well with time, even birds do sing after a storm and so can you!" Liza, I just heard the news...congratulations - your boys truly are little miracles!!! You always knew you were meant to be a mom and now you are proving why!You have an amazingly strong spirit, which is seemingly shared by Chris and has obviously been inherited by these two little "fightin' Irish"! I will be thinking of you and your family, and keeping updated on the progress...take care of yourself!
Lots of love, Tara, Mike, Mykaila and Carter George