Day 16 - Friday July 20, 2007

Sorry for the delay in posting today - it as been a busy one...

Today was such a special day...I held one of my babies for the first time. Unexpectedly, one of the nurses asked if I would like to hold Shay. I was delighted and of course, took her up on the offer. My little miracle was calm, quiet and cooperative. As I held my little one, the tears flowed freely...it was the first time since the birth of Ciaran and Shay that I truly felt like a Mom...what a beautiful feeling that was...a feeling that I will cherish forever...

Today I realized that whatever becomes of our situation...we can handle...our boys are beautiful and they are loved...unconditional love and support are the most important things that we can provide for them...and we are completely committed to them...

Cris has been my rock in the past two weeks...each day, I am overcome by his strength and positivity...I am so very lucky ...

Both babies remain stable. The doctors are a bit concerned about Ciaran's stomach as it is quite swollen and loopy...they took him off food for 48 hours and are giving him antibiotics just in case he has an infection - once his blood work comes back in 48 hours - they will determine whether further treatment is necessary - or whether we can try him on food again. It often takes a baby's gut some time to get digestion down.

That is all for now...I am absolutely exhausted...and am heading to bed...we are in our own house for the weekend after spending a week at my sister's in TO...we will return to Camilla's on Sunday night...

love to all,
liza

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

So good to hear from you. I can't even imagine what it must have felt like to hold Shay - you are going to be such a good mommy. Stay positive - the boys are beautiful and are in good hands.

xoxo Cassandra

Anonymous said...

I remember that first moment like it was yesterday. You captured the emotion perfectly.
Lots of Love
T

Camilla Romano said...

Congratulations on reaching this huge milestone! I know how badly you wanted this to happen and I am sure this experience is emblazoned in your heart and in your memory. I have been reading through the comments and think the level of interest and support you are receiving is remarkable. There are truly angels among us that are lifting you up through these difficult times. Stay strong! You are an inspiration to us all and your boys are truly blessed to have such wonderful parents. God Bless you all.
Camilla

Farrah said...

What a beautiful momement holding Shay for the first time. This a special bond, and memory you will always have :) What a great day!!

If you ever need us to check on your house through the week, remove the local paper etc... Just let us know, we are only minutes away.

Farrah...

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo happy to hear the good news. Yes the boys are in great hands. God saw to that. Enjoy these beautiful moments there are many more to come.

Thinking of you...
Agatha

Anonymous said...

Hello to you all

Delighted to hear the good news about the boys.

I follow their progress every day, it makes my day folowing their progress.

My prayers and hopes are with you

Bert